Sunday, September 8, 2013

South Africa Last 3 days at Welgedacht Game Reserve

So the last three days have been pretty spectacular. There are seriously no words to describe the actually feelings I have. 

Friday - We started off the day feeding the lions, hyenas and leopards. Fed them horse legs! Then cleaned the enclosures while they were eating. Also deticked the lions by using a spray and spraying them through the night pens. We then helped water some plants and went to cut down some alien vegetation. Friday night was spent by the fire. 



Saturday - A morning bush walk followed by meeting up with Lozanne and Dee and the black leopard Duke! He is so beautiful and I got a chance to pat him and walk with him! So amazing! 
Saturday afternoon we went for a game drive with Vian. He certainly knows his stuff. Lots of fun. Saw every antelope possible I think! 










Sunday - Today was incredible!! Almost beyond words but just a few... We headed off early up to the striped hyenas, these boys are a bit shy so we waited until they came to us. Which Dhuba eventually did. There is a video on my Facebook. :) Such a great experience. Then we headed out to Mongena Game Lodge to have lunch and join them on a game drive... I will let these photos do the talking but one thing... I SAW WILD CHEETAH!!!!!!


















 Won't be able to update blog for a little while as heading to a place that doesn't have wifi available to me all the time. So I hope you've enjoyed this one and I'll update when I can. Tomorrow I head to the Cheetah Rehabilitation Project at Modgaji. :) More adventures await. And I praise God for all of these amazing experiences! 





No comments:

Post a Comment