Friday, July 15, 2011

Las Vegas... Sin City :)

YAY! We made it to Vegas! I loved Vegas. Lots of people told me that we would only need 3 days there at the most but I feel we could have stayed for another 5 days at least to see everything. Mind you a lot of time was spent watching Brendon and playing so most people I know don't go to Vegas for that...

To bring you up to speed. :)

THURSDAY 7th July: We landed in Las Vegas and were greeted by 30 degree weather and it was 10pm. Loving it already. The other thing we first saw was pokies in the airport... yep... we were definitely in Vegas BABY!!
We headed straight for the Flamingo to check in and then to Venetian to go rail Brendonio who was doing really well in one of the Venetian Deepstacks.
Our room was a lot bigger than I expected and we had a view over the habitat and pool area so it was quite nice. Not bad for $60 a night. :)
A few little surprises that no one tells you about Vegas... you can smoke practically anywhere so it was stinky everywhere. Except you can't smoke at the poker table so that helps and we had a non smoking room but it still had a stale cigarette smell. Also there are heaps of people on the side of the strip flicking little business cards of 'hot hot hot girls, direct to your room'. They wear bright tshirts with the details on their and they can't speak to you cause of solicitation laws so they flick the cards constantly to get your attention. I felt like they were everywhere but I think they were just in one section that we happened to walk past a lot!!
Down at the Venetian Brendon was owning souls at the poker table and was chip leader. We caught up with Laraine and walked around the Venetian checking it out. We walked down where the gondolas are and the roof is painted like it's a blue sky with clouds. So pretty.
Brendon finished about 2am and we went to play Pai Gow Poker. Braine taught us how to play. Lots of fun. We played for a while and then at about 3am we went our seperate ways to go rest up for the following day as Brendon was coming back to play day 2 and we wanted to explore some more.
VEGAS BABY!



FRIDAY: We slept til about 11am and then got up and decided to explore a little before heading back to the Venetian to rail Brendon some more.
We went down to check out the Flamingo habitat. They have huge Japanese fish in there which look like they are on steroids and actual Chilean Flamingos and some ducks and turtles. Pretty cool. We walked around the streets for a while taking photos and checking out the scenery. Met up with Laraine who walked around with us as well. Had some lunch then headed to the Venetian again to rail Brendon and I went to play the 7pm tournament.
I played well but not that well. I had doubled my stack in the first 30 mins but ended up coming 37th/169. Not bad for my first Vegas tourney.
Brendon ended up on the final table before they broke for the day at about 12am. James and I went our separate ways and walked back down the strip checking out the night scene. Everyone with a drink in their hands, you can walk anywhere with alcohol and we were also suprised at how many kids were in Vegas!
Here are some piccys...



SATURDAY: We again slept in a bit later than we normally have been. Chilled out and took a casual morning before once again heading to the Venetian to watch Brendonio on the final table! WOOHOO!! Unfortunately Brendon came 9th but I am so proud of him. He did a great job! Well done to him. :)
After he finished Brendon, Laraine and James and I headed to the Flamingo and played some Pai Gow and had some drinks before heading to get dinner somewhere. We lost at Pai Gow but it was fun! You only pay the waitress a dollar to bring you any drink when you are gambling so we had a few. My new drink... the Bay Breeze. :) We then went out o get some dinner together. We headed to Planet Hollywood for dinner and had some great burgers and steaks. After stuffing our faces we headed to the Bellagio and Brendon taught us to play Craps. Though it wasn't very successful and was a very short Craps session!
Brendon and Laraine then headed home and James and I stayed to watch the Bellagio fountain. So amazing.
Slowly headed home for some much needed rest before we head out for another day of walking everywhere on Sunday. :)











SUNDAY: Make over Alison day. We got up a little bit earlier and headed to Miracle Mile Shopping Centre to get me some new clothes. I took my fashion advisor Laraine along with me and James came along to do his own shopping. After having an amazing cheeseburger at the Cheeseburger place we started to shop. James went his own way and by the end of it and using my credit card lots I had a new wardrobe and a new look. Not too drastic but I do like my new clothes. Thanks Laraine! I was adventurous and tried different things and was happy with my purchases. James bought a nice new leather jacket and new shoes as well. A successful shopping day.
Meanwhile Brendon was playing the WSOP Main Event.
We walked over to Caesar's Palace to finalise the shopping at Victoria's Secret and then with extremely tired feet we went back to our room to freshen up, get in our new clothes and head to the Rio to check out the WSOP scene.
By the time we got there Brendon had left but James and I caught up with Dad's friends Nick and Dean and had dinner with them whilst Dean was on dinner break.
I was so surprised at just how big it is. Two massive rooms full of players and that sweet sound of chips being thrown into pots etc. We watched some play, I said hi to some other friends that were playing, we walked around the Rio a bit and headed back home. Dean made it through to day 2!



In the middle there is one of Dean and Nick's friends Terry. He was on the feature table with Jeff Lisandro! :)


STAY TUNED FOR VEGAS PART TWO... Having dinner with Nanette, Ray, Uriah and Sarah now. :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment