Thursday, July 21, 2011

Denver... City of my American family and the Rockies!!



I had a great time in Denver with Nanette and Ray (my sister in law Savannah's parents for those that don't know) and everyone else. I'm so glad we dropped in for a few days and were able to kinda relax a bit a reenergize. Thankyou to Nanette and Ray who looked after us so well. James and I love you both and we enjoyed every moment!!

THURSDAY: Had a dreadful time getting to Denver. Plane ended up broken so we had to switch planes and ended up 2 hours later than expected. Oh well. :( we got there in the end, a bit worn out after getting up so early but still keen to get into the itinerary planned for us!! :) dropped our things off at the Gottfried's and had a some homemade lunch!! Yummo!
We then headed to the city to meet up with Uriah (Sav's bro). We also met up with Caleigh and Michelle and their friends and family for some yummy crepes. Mouthwatering!! Then off to the Rockies baseball game. Had so much fun there with the girls and enjoyed yelling Go The Rockies! When it's meant to be Go Rockies. and laughing with Caleigh trying to do an Aussie accent. Rockies won 12-2! Smashing. Extremely exhausted we headed home to rest up for Friday. It's a shame this was the only time we saw Michelle. There always be a next time!






FRIDAY: The rain had cleared and after a little sleep in we headed out to the Rocky mountains and Idaho Springs. We headed up to the Lookout mountain and got a great view of Denver. Met up with Nanettes niece Sarah and her hubby Grant and little girl Desi. After some happy snaps we headed to Idaho Springs for a classic Colorado treat at Beau Jos pizza. They have these huge mountain pizzas so yummy.
The fresh mountain air was beautiful and so refreshing after all the cigarettes in Vegas. On the way back I fell asleep but not before spotting buffalo and deer. :)
We had dinner with Uriah and his wife Sarah and Nanette. Was great fellowship with family and great food. Ray came home later on and we spent some time chatting and enjoying the catch up! He also showed us his gun collection... 
Ray reminds me of my Dad quite a bit. :)







SATURDAY: Red Rock day! I discovered along the way that Ray owns a Harley Davidson. :) very nice. Ray took me for a ride up to the place they call Red Rocks. So I got all Harley'd up with my helmet and my black outfit and was ready to ride. I had so much fun on the back! It rained on us but I didn't care. We were dry in seconds. What an awesome experience to ride up the mountains on a Harley! Thanks so much Ray! Sorry Dad... Your turn next time. :) when we got up to Red Rocks unfortunately the theatre was closed. it's an open air theatre created using the natural red rocks around it. Pretty impressive. Ray used to production manage it. Great views from the top too. Uriah and Sarah joined us as well.
On the way home Nanette drove James and I to the place where Dave proposed to Savannah. But first we went on a deer and buffalo hunt. We found deer but no buffalo. At Denver golf course there is a beautiful view of the city. It would be very romantic there at night and I know Dave chose the best place. I wanted to go up there to see the special place that would mean so much to my bro and sis in law. :) Love you guys.
Back at the ranch we prepared for the party held in our honor. Was so good to see Caleigh again and meet some more people from Colorado! Thanks again to Nanette and Ray for all the trouble you went to for the party! Unfortunately I had the beginnings of a migraine so couldn't stay up too late but enjoyed it still. Even had a skype chat with Dave and Savannah! 












SUNDAY:Another early start to the day and a long flight to New York. I really wasn't feeling the best today. In fact really sick with a migraine and flying was the least of what I should have been doing. We made it to New York though and met up with our host for our AirBNB room Ben. We are staying in Downtown Manhattan near Greenwich Village. It's so convenient to everything. Anyways... I was really not well, so we ended up sleeping the afternoon away and getting some Thai for dinner. First day we haven't taken any photos... weird. But I felt so much better and ready to face anything the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment