Monday, June 13, 2011

A whirlwind month!

Wow! Seriously where has the last month gone???
We are already half way through June and in just 12 days I'll be boarding a plane with James to go on the long anticipated USA trip to celebrate my 30th year of existence.
Soooooo much has happened in the last month.

OPPOSITES ATTRACT
I am completely overwhelmed with the response we had to Opposites Attract. I knew that a large cast would draw in a good crowd but I was uncertain just how good. We performed to 4/5 sold out audiences and were given a wonderful review by Duncan McLeod from the Primate Perspective. You can read it here...
http://www.theprimateperspective.com/2011/06/theatre-opposites-attract/
It seems like only yesterday that I met up with Steve at the Exchange Hotel in Balmain and thought what a great space it would be to put on a play. I've been wanting to do Opposites Attract for 5 years now and I've finally done it. :) It wouldn't have happened without my partner in crime, Steve Hopley, my wonderful cast, and excellent crew including the ever patient Lissa and ever more patient James.
James put up with a lot of my mood swings and craziness during it all and I am eternally grateful to him for that.

The show unfortunately did have a small downfall though and up until now I've tried to be very diplomatic about it all. I suffered through (along with the rest of the cast and crew) the attitude, unprofessionalism, crudeness, rudeness, selfishness, etc etc of one such actor that thought that he was above it all and was exempt from all rules cause he was some kind of 'super special' and I can honestly say I will never work with him again. It may come across as truly unprofessional that I would even mention this but I want to publicly say sorry to the others that he affected during this whole process. I hope that he did not tarnish the experience for you all.

Anyways, Hot Room Theatre Group is alive and kicking and watch this space for more to come! Steve and I will meet up to discuss the next project when I return from the States. Very exciting.
Also check out Sydney Shakespeare Company's first production "Othello".

USA
Only 12 more days til I get to board a plane with James and finally relax for 5 whole weeks! I can not wait! I'm so excited I've thought about packing my bag now! Instead I'll write a list of things I need to pack and start preparing that way.
Last night James and I decided to drive from LA to San Francisco and explore the coast line for a day. So we booked a... wait for it... FORD MUSTANG!!! Woohoo!! Everytime I say Mustang I feel like singing... Mustang Sally !! I hope that is what we get. It does say 'or similar' so fingers crossed.
LA is booked, Vegas is booked, can't wait to see Nanette, Ray, Michelle and Caleigh in Denver and then off to NEW YORK NEW YORK for 10 days! We fly back to Fiji for the weekend before heading home on August 1. It's a huge trip but I'm so excited about it all.
Looking forward to being greeted by warm air as well. Can't wait to leave the wintery blues behind us for a while.
It's going to be awesome. I've been following Laraine and Brendon's blogs and am jealous of what they've done already but I just keep saying... not long now.

And you know what... I deserve this holiday! I've worked hard and saved and haven't had much of a social life and this holiday is perfect! And the same goes for James!

I am disappointed I can't go to Samoa this year but there is always next year. My thoughts and prayers are with the team who venture over there in a few weeks as well. I pray it all goes well! :)

Well I best be back to work. It's not going to do itself unfortunately!

No comments:

Post a Comment